Why Did I Agree To This? Oh, Yeah, It's Supposed to be Fun...

The Arizona Parrot Head Club is having a Fantasy Football league this year. Woody's going to be our commissioner and he's got it all set up. It's only $25 to buy in and trades will be $2 each. Half the money's going to the prize pool and the other half to the charity that the winner chooses.

I haven't played Fantasy Football since...I think it was the 98/99 season. I had played for three years with some guys that I worked with then and that last year I won so I went out on top. I also switched jobs so it wasn't convenient or as fun anymore.

When I think back to the many, many hours I spent on it, I get a little dizzy. Every Sunday, Monday night, Tuesday morning then Saturdays and Thursdays towards the end of the season. Oy vey. These days, I have so much less free time to devote to the game. In fact, the draft is Sunday and I just started looking at players today.

I'm so competitive that I put in every effort to win but I think I'm going to have to throttle back and convince myself that I'm just in it for the fun and camaraderie.

It's just for fun, just for fun, just for fun, just for fun...

Oh, and to beat the Jello-Shot Prince.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020