Book Review - Real Men Work In The Pits

When I first got into NASCAR a couple of years ago, I had a little crush on Jeff Hammond who is a former crew chief and one of the FOX announcers. He was cute, a cowboy and knew a whole lot about something I know very little about. I'm always attracted to people who know more than I do. I wish I could get a brain dump from them and get their knowledge.

I'm not so much into him now, though. He seems a little too much - like he's just trying too hard to be popular.

His book was kinda like that, too. I enjoyed hearing about his start in the business, working for Junior Johnson, being the crew chief for Darrell Waltrip and the emotional ups and downs of a life in racing. But, I don't know, it seems like he can't say a negative word about anyone without following it up with something to soften the comment. Maybe, he's just that positive of a person.

I did feel like I was given insight into the workings of NASCAR, the teams and the personalities from the book. And, there's no denying that Hammond and Waltrip were an outstanding combination with their 43 wins together so Hammond must know what he's talking about.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020