Follow Up To The Pursuing Men Question

Thought I'd give you all an update on the pursuit of men thoughts.

I got some advice from my previous post that I actually took. I asked Mr. X out to lunch. I figured that was a safe enough activity that fell under the "getting to know each other without the influence of alcohol" category. Imagine my pleasant surprise when the invitation was accepted. Because of geography and work schedules, however, it turned into a Happy Hour/Dinner event instead.

So, we met tonight for a quite pleasant evening getting to know each other better and left with the promise of a future engagement, perhaps even for a DBacks game. The parking lot goodbye was nicely done with a solid hug and a kiss on the cheek (his kiss, my cheek). It was really a lovely time and, even if nothing comes of it, at least I may have gotten over my cowardly fear of rejection. (Notice, I said I may. Let's not get crazy with the self confidence here.)

My friend, however, did not do so well. She tried one more time with her potential Lothario and they actually scheduled a lunch date. He said "I have to meet with a client but then I'll call you and we can meet at The Monastery for a late lunch." (OK, I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist.)

Here's the thing...he never called. Not even to say, "Sorry, I got tied up and can't make it." I told her at the least, he better have been in a car accident. She said, "He better be dead." She's actually not that bitter, but really more disappointed.

So, between us, we're batting .500 at the moment.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020