Go Devils! (And, please, please stop scaring me)

ASU, my beloved alma mater, is in the College World Series. Yesterday, we were playing Nebraska who beat us once already. Since ASU is in the losers' bracket, we have to win every game now.

The game started at 11 AM our time so I couldn't watch it but I checked the score in the afternoon.

9th inning - ASU 5, Nebraska 3

Cool, I said a little prayer to the baseball gods that we'd hold the lead then went back to work for a while. Then I checked it again.

9th inning - ASU 7, Nebraska 7

Ack!

I had to talk to a programmer for a while (I love my job, I love my job...) but I was on pins and needles until I could check again.

FINAL - ASU 8, Nebraska 7

YAY!!!

Today, we play #7 ranked Florida whom we would have to beat twice to advance to the Championship round. I'm going out to lunch with some guys from work to a little sports place and they'll understand when I'm glued to the TV and ignoring them.

Go Devils!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020