How Does This Place Stay Open?

OK, you've heard all the sordid details from Parrots in the Pines but you haven't heard my rant. This is the third year in a row we've gone to this event at the Landmark and one would hope they had it figured out by now. Parrot Heads need very little: cold beer, served often. Some decent food would be a bonus.

They haven't gotten it.

Friday night - 5 PM

Me: I'd like a Miller Lite, please?
Server: We're out of Miller Lite.
Me: dumbfounded stare

How in the world does a bar run out of Miller Lite at 5 PM on a Friday night?

So, they went on a mission to restock and I drank Bud Light for a while. When they finally had Lite, it wasn't cold. So, I had to wait some more.

Saturday - noon and forward

Me: (after having a Bloody Mary to start the day) Could I have a Miller Lite?
Server: (brings back a rum drink) Here's your pineapple coconut rum.
Me: I ordered a Miller Lite.
Server: Oh, I thought you wanted another one of these.
Me: I've never had one of those.
Server: OK, so you want a Bud Light.
Me: No, a Miller Lite.
Server: Oh, that's right I'm going to write that down...Bud Light.
Me: Miller Lite.

Then she disappeared for a half hour so I went to the bar.

Me: Could I have a Miller Lite, please?
Bartender: We're out of Miller Lite.

WTF? Again? It's not like I drank them all the night before unless they only bought three. I realized the server was not a space cadet but actually trying to use a Jedi mind trick on me..."These are not the droids you seek, you want a Bud Light." She forgot to do the little hand wave which is why it didn't work.

So, I was back to Bud Light and I ordered a Corona for Tina. The Coronas weren't really cold so they gave it to me with a cup of ice with an umbrella stuck in a lime in the cup. (Once again, my super editor has corrected me and the cup of ice happened on Friday night. I really need to take notes on these weekends.) Again, I say WTF? Not only are they out of a very popular beer, they don't have enough cold Coronas? Helloooooooo! We're Parrot Heads! A lot of us drink Corona!

The Miller Lite finally made an appearance, warm of course. I managed to snag two before heading back to camp.

Saturday night - midnight

Me: (after Mark dragged me back to the bar) Do you have any COLD Miller Lite?
Bartender: We're out of Miller Lite.
Me: sigh...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020