The End Of An Era

It's the last weekend for one of my all-time favorite hangouts, The Monastery. I sent an email out to my cronies inviting them to join me for a final hurrah last night. I said I thought it would be like an Irish wake. LOL, the first thing I saw when I got there was a huge "Irish Wake" sign for this weekend.

Audrey, Allen and I (the Friday afternoon work cocktail team) left the office at 4:30. I expected the place to be busy since TV3 had broadcasted from there that morning but it wasn't too bad. TV3 guy Dan Davis was there, drinking a brew and watching the ASU baseball game - I'm assuming he didn't stay all day, though.

Audrey and I reminisced about our (mis)adventures through the years at The Monastery. Good times, good times. Allen had never been there before (he needs to get out more) but absolutely fell in love with the place. Bad timing on that.

We were joined by David, the Golf God, Pabla, RC and Michele and there were several pitchers of Miller Lite consumed. Yes, I was in charge of selecting the beverage of choice. The Golf God got conned into grilling burgers for Pab, me and David and he did a damn fine job of it. Mine was barely cooked, exactly how I like it.

It was sad thinking about what's going to happen to the big old trees on the property. They're auctioning off some of the decor and the rest is going to the other two bars. David wanted the big stone teacup to convert into a hot tub. Fab idea! I wanted the big iron monk that greets you as you walk in. I can just imagine Sugar Daddy's reaction to my desire to put it in our back yard...it wouldn't be pretty! Pab spotted some goats on the way out - she may be on an acquisition mission for those.

Some of the gang is planning on going again today but I'm off to a pool party. I'm pretty excited about going to a function on my side of town for a change. I won't even need to get on a freeway.

Bye, Monastery. You were awesome and I'm going to miss you. sniff, sniff

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020