All It Takes Is A Chip And A Chair

We played round four of Chick Poker Saturday night. Chris had a sick pup at home and Becky was out of town with her boyfriend (boyfriend! that just shouldn't be allowed) so it was just me, Angela and Stacey. Morgan was there to deal for us so we decided to do a Hold 'Em Tournament with winner takes all. It was only $60, but still a Championship.

Soon after starting, a definite pattern developed. Angela would lose to Stacey and Stacey would lose to me. I would then lose only a little bit back to Angela and I managed to build up a big chip stack. Stacey is too easy - she won't give up on a hand even when she has crap so if I had anything at all I went after her.

We played with accelerated blinds and antes and went through several rounds, colored up once, then Stacey went out. Ang and I played a couple more hands then colored up a final time. She had only 3 $100 chips, I had 27.

Easy enough to push her out, right?

Damned if she didn't have the better hand EVERY time. I doubled her up a couple of times and suddenly I was losing. Since she had good cards, I couldn't bluff. It was over all too soon and she came out on top.

Now, the conspiracy theorists among us would say it's mighty suspicious that she came out on top when her husband was dealing. Now, I'm not suggesting that was the case, of course...it's just a theory.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020