I Will Call Him George...Part Two

I think Sugar Daddy was feeling guilty about evicting George the frog and his girlfriend so he suggested I get a fish. I've lobbied for a fish before but he told me I wouldn't clean the bowl and the fish would die so no dice. I reminded him of his opinion and he responded with, "That's still true but at least I can just throw all of it out when the fish dies."

Being very familiar with SD's capriciousness, I jumped on it before he changed his mind. I headed to PetCo after work tonight and grilled the fish guy (get it? grilled the fish guy? It was purely an unintentional pun that I didn't catch until I proofed my post.) about what I need to take proper care of my new fish whose name is, of course, George.

George is really pretty. He's a mostly dark blue Betta. I checked out all of the Bettas in the place and he was one of the prettiest. The clincher was when I picked up his little bowl and he kept trying to swim towards me no matter how I turned it. I think he digs me...or, maybe he just thought I would feed him.

I'd post a picture of him in his new digs but SD took his digital camera with him to Prescott. The nerve! Assuming George is still alive when he gets back, I'll post a few images then.

BTW, my daily check of our fountain showed no evidence of George the frog and his girl's return.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020