Competitive Parrot Heads - An Oxymoron?

The AZ Parrot Heads are having their annual bowling night this Saturday and I got an email last night that said in part "looking forward to kicking your butt at bowling". I immediately responded with trash talk of my own. Unlike golf, I actually am OK at bowling so I feel safe with the banter.

It made me think, though, about our group. For the most part we're laid back and pretty mellow. For a group whose main exercise is 12 ounce curls, we really don't go at it with active sporting activities. But, bring on a football or basketball pool and we are all over it!

Bowling? You bet there will be some people going for high score. After all, it's a sport where you can drink. What can be better than that?

Then there's Parrot Grande with the Balcony Decorating contest and the Jello Shot Contest on the Vegas bus trips. These are all about creativity and our group shines. Not that anyone can beat the O'Malleys, ever, but folks go all out in trying to do so. It's awesome. I predict the Pirate Boat Race is going to be something to see this year, too. For a first time event, people seem to be putting a lot of effort into it.

The nice thing about us is that no matter how competitive we get we're also really supportive of each other. So, there will be those saying "Top that strike!" this weekend but there will be those saying "Hey, you got some pins that time, good job!"

I'm going to try to be in both groups. And, if there's any butt kicking done, I hope I've got the foot end of the deal.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020