Vegas - Friday

Sugar Daddy, Maria and I were set to fly out at 5:30 on Friday afternoon to Vegas for my birthday trip (yeah, my birthday was in May but I'm not complaining as he was picking up the tab). Maria and I figured we should pick her up at 3:30 to make sure we get there in plenty of time. SD thought we were insane and it was way too early. In perfect traffic, her place is 15 minutes away from the airport but hey, it's Phoenix. Traffic sucks and the airport can be a mess.

SD was in a meeting until almost 4 so I was freaking out. We managed to get to the airport by 4:20 and wouldn't you know it? Absolutely no line going through security so we were there way ahead of time. SD was a smug b*stard about it but I would have been just as smug if it had gone my way.

We hit Vegas a few minutes late and caught a cab to Caesar's. SD made the reservation; I would have chosen a less expensive place but again, I wasn't going to complain. He was at the registration desk for freaking ever. Turns out, they didn't have any double rooms left (for me and Maria, SD had his own room) so they bumped us up to mini-suites. Nice. They offered to send up a rollaway but Maria and I decided we didn't need it.

Hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

We finally got to our rooms, dumped our gear and needed to make a plan. Here's my thing about Vegas. There's no time wasted eating, seeing shows or other sightseeing. It's gamble, gamble, gamble. They knew that but they wanted dinner. I suggested Margaritaville thinking at least I'd be happy there and SD was smart enough to agree as he knew I wouldn't be happy with a sit down meal elsewhere.

We had a round of Margs while waiting for our table. Soon after we got seated, I was looking around and saw Sarah and Jon Edwards from the AZPHC walking by. I flagged them down and introduced them. Sarah was pretty excited to meet SD. He's got a mystique in the club since so few have met him yet they've all heard about him. Maria was all, "OF COURSE, Kathy saw someone she knew." SD said it wasn't that remarkable since we were at Parrot Head Mecca.

Hey, I can't help it that I'm social and know a lot of people. Trust me, it's not convenient. I can't go anywhere and make a fool of myself without someone I know seeing me. And blabbing on me.

Dinner over, we headed to O'Shea's and the blackjack tables. Not so lucky there so we went to Barbary Coast. I can be so stupidly stubborn. We got our asses handed to us. The dealer was literally telling us to run away. I've never seen a colder table but I just couldn't believe the cards could be so consistently bad.

$205 later, I finally conceded. Actually, it was only because I only had $180 with me and Maria loaned me $25 before I would give up.

We decided to call it a night around 12 which is dang early for me in Vegas.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020