George is still alive...no thanks to me


So, I've been starving my fish. When I bought him the guy also sold me this betta food that comes in small round pellets. Apparently, they're too big for his little fishy mouth. He tries to eat them but can't hang on to them long enough to swallow any sustenance.

I asked Tamyra for some advice and she told me she went through several different types of food with her betta so I felt a little better but I was still worried that we was going hungy.So, last night I came home around 10 and decided to break the pellets into small pieces.

He went crazy! It's like he hadn't eaten for a week! (I know, I know, he hasn't.) I did the same thing this morning and he was all over that, too.

Sugar Daddy and I went to PetCo after work tonight and he mentioned that he broke up some of George's food for him last night and he ate it all. I was like, what the... He acted like he hadn't had a meal in ages four hours after that. Apparently, George is a piggy fish.

We came home with fish flakes, some 7 day tablets and dried worms. SD couldn't wait to give George the worms and I have to say he couldn't get enough of them. He sucked them down like there was no tomorrow. We gave him some flakes next. Those did not go over well at all. He sucked them in his mouth then immediately spit them out. After a couple of tastes, he gave up on them completely.

We cleaned out his tank and put in his new pretty rocks and a new little rock fort for him. I felt bad for making traumatizing him by putting him in a coffee cup while I cleaned his tank so I gave him a couple more worms when I was done. He sucked those down, too.

I guess I don't need to worry about him not eating anymore.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020