Big Day Tomorrow

Shorty's scheduled for 11 AM surgery tomorrow. He has to be at the hospital by 9:30 so we'll have a fairly long wait there, I'm guessing.

He's doing better now that his brother and sister are here. They flew in last night but almost ended up in Tucson because of the storm that blew in. Their plane landed here around 10:30 and they and Shorty stayed up pretty late talking.

I can tell he's really scared - who wouldn't be? But, having them here seems to keep his mind off of all the negative possibilities. The rest of us are trying not to think about them, either. It's not easy.

While driving home tonight, I had to change radio stations. There have been two times in my life when I couldn't listen to country music. Once, when I got my heart broken. That was 9 years ago. The second time was when my Mom had breast cancer. You don't realize how many country songs are about heartbreak or someone dying until you're especially sensitive to those subjects. Tonight, it was If Something Should Happen which made me turn to the Oldies station. The song already brought me to the edge of tears before all this started so no more of that stuff for a while.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020