I'm Not An Addict

Bet you thought this was going to be about poker but it's about my heroin arm.

I've been donating blood since I was 17 and that was, well, a bit of time ago. I've only had a couple of bad sticks in that time and usually it's a completely painless process.

My appointment was for 9:30 on Wednesday and I was well hydrated with actual water so my vein popped well and it didn't hurt at all when the tech stuck me. Six minutes later, I was done and it barely bled at all when she took the needle out.

When I got back from lunch, I decided to take off the bandage because it was on pretty tight. There was only a small red dot where the needle had gone in and no bruise at all. From the time it took for me to walk from the bathroom to my office, I felt pain. What the hey?

There was a big bruised bump on my arm all around the needle stick point. It just came out of nowhere. I needed something cold to put on it to reduce the swelling and the only thing on hand was a can of Diet Pepsi so I made do.

Unfortunately, I had to run around to check on my googlers. If wandering with a can of soda in the crook of your arm isn't a dramatic cry for attention, I don't know what is. I had lots of askers.

The bump did go down but the bruised area got bigger. I think it might be at its limit though. It's a beautiful collection of green. blue green and purple dots with a tiny red spot.

Lovely. Just lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020