Silent Poker

I had to bring my laptop in for a presentation at work. I don't know why but when I hooked it up to the projector the sound got turned off. Even stranger is that the icon for the sound disappeared from the tool bar.

Of course, I didn't really take notice of this until I played online poker last night. The game I play has the sound of cards shuffling, chips plinking into the pot and it beeps at you if your turn to make a move is expiring. It's surprising how lost I felt without the sounds.

I spent the first half of the game check/folding just trying to get the sound back on to no avail. It was finally down to 5 players out of 10 when I decided to buckle down and just play. I guess the lack of sound didn't hurt me that much because I did win the tournament.

BTW, when your Help Desk people tell you to reboot, there's a reason. I shut down and restarted my computer and voila! Sound was restored and the icon was back on the tool bar.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020