Losing It

The club always makes a donation to the Special Olympics when we work the event. I wrote out the check yesterday morning before I left. I thought I put it in the bag with the badges, my Diet Pepsi supply and my camera. I threw my purse in the trunk since I didn't want to worry about it and headed out.

When I got there, I went to pull the check out to give it to Mike, our guy in charge. But, there was no check. I thought, "How could that have fallen out of the bag in my car?" Then I wondered if I left it in my purse. Since I got there early, there was time to hoof it back to the car to look for the check.

It wasn't on the front seat where the bag had been. It wasn't on the floor. It wasn't in the trunk nor in my purse. What the hell? So, I wrote out another check and put it in my shirt pocket.

When I got back on to the field, I tried to hand it off to Mike but he said to wait and that we would give it to the Special Olympics person afterwards. Of course, that didn't happen. I pulled into Hamburger Works and realized the check was still in my pocket. I'm going to have to mail it this week.

Oh, and when I got home, I found the first check sitting on my dining room table.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020