An Afternoon On The Links

We had our corporate golf tournament on Friday afternoon. The weather was beautiful and my team was made up of people who didn't take it all too seriously. I have a standing teammate, Tyler, and each year we hold auditions for folks to golf with us. Last year, we golfed with James (who hates to be called Jimmy so that is, of course, what I call him) and Jeff. Jimmy was waaaaay too serious for us so we dumped him this year and, yes, he is bitter.

We teed off at 1. Well, everyone else teed off at 1. Tyler was still in the clubhouse ordering a round of Bloody Marys for us. We were only a couple of minutes off the start though. Our other players, Michael and Dave were about as good as I was. Which means they're not very good. Thank goodness we had Tyler who can drive and pitch. None of us had a good short game, though, so I don't think we birdied a single hole. Not that we cared...we didn't even turn in the score card.

Jimmy and Jeff's new team was behind us and caught up to us a few times (we weren't that far off the pace, everyone was backed up). He started in on me about how I shouldn't be allowed on the course because of my level of adult beverage consumption. What was funny was that I was drinking water the whole team he was trying to give me a hard time. Poor Jimmy. He just doesn't quite get it.

We didn't finish up until after 6 so I had to book out of there to head to Cave Creek for the rest of the night's entertainment.

Comments

Crime Dog said…
Water? What were you thinking, woman?
Cheesehead said…
I was thinking I had to drive all the way to Cave Creek afterwards.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020