I Declare Summer Is Officially Here!

I don't look at summer as starting on a specific calendar date or by when we break 100 degrees as some folks do. To me, the official start of summer is when I have to start carrying a sweater with me. I know, you're going, "Huh, sweater? Isn't it hot in the summer?" You're right, it is freaking hot out here but for some unknown reason half of the businesses in town turn their thermostats even lower or leave them the same when the heat starts building up. Like we really need it to be 72 degrees inside when it's 110 outside.

I don't get it. It costs more for them and I end up suffering from hypothermia. OK, well not really but pretty dang close. So, I end up carting around a sweater for when I go into restaurants, malls and grocery stores and even then, I can't wait to get out into the sun and defrost.

You should see what I have to wear to get through a movie...the family in Wisconsin would call it a 'snowmobile suit'. I call it summer survival gear.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020