Teeny Library and a Literary Weekend

I've had a book on hold at the library for almost a week so I asked Sugar Daddy if he minded a little detour on our way home from work tonight. He said he'd be OK with it if I promised to be away all weekend. I countered with the idea that if I had another book to read, at least I'd be occupied. He then said he'd go in with me to make sure I found lots of stuff to read. Usually, he impatiently waits in the car and demands that I'm out in minutes so I was happy with the strategy.

You may remember my comments about our library branch before but it's in a high school and pretty tiny. Sugar Daddy actually thought, from viewing it from the parking lot, that the whole building was the library and the actual library was the kid's section. Um, no. The majority of the building is classrooms and the library itself is teeny tiny. We both think our high school libraries were bigger (I went to Coronado and he went to Saguaro. Even in those days, he had more money than I) than this city branch. I showed him the ten five-foot shelves in the new book section (both fiction and non-fiction) and he was not impressed.

I did, however, find five new books to get and checked out Jane Eyre, my next classic book club read so I am set for the weekend, big time! I can't wait to lounge around the house and read for days. I only have plans for Saturday night so far so it could be an at-home weekend.

Sugar Daddy has offered to call everyone in my phone book and suggest they ask me to go out or do something but I'm really quite content to be a homebody for a change. It will be nice to relax. Of course, if a single, attractive guy were to call....yeah, I'd be outta there.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020