Assembly Report

Grandpa came over tonight to assemble my furniture. I was bummed that IKEA is still out of stock of the two shelves that go with my entertainment unit but I shouldn't have fretted as we didn't even get to that stuff. We started on the dining room hutch/shelving unit and that pretty much took all night. There was only one misassemble that required a complete do-over on one of the drawers but otherwise, he did a great job.

He also hung the new curtain rod over the big window I have by my front door. Seems the boys took the existing hardware down when they painted then Steven and Garrison had a sword fight with the rod pieces. Ergo, no way to hang my curtain. It's been freaking me out, too, as any old axe murderer could peek in on my living room (albeit by going out of their way).

We're going to schedule another assembly session soon to finish up the entertainment unit pieces.

I originally bribed Grandpa with Bud Light to do the job. Sugar Daddy thought I'd have to sweeten the deal with some, ahem, extracurricular activities. We joked about it today at lunch and Andrea said "If he takes his shirt off, you're done." She saw a picture of Grandpa once in his bathing suit, was pretty impressed and figured I wouldn't be able to resist his charms.

As we were getting started, Grandpa complained that it was too warm in the house and he probably needed to take his shirt off. It was all I could do to not burst out laughing.

He actually did up the ante from Bud Light to Sam Adams and dinner.

For those readers who are now appalled that I'm talking about my own Grandpa in this clearly inappropriate way, don't worry. Grandpa is a guy I used to date. As a matter of fact, he's the oldest guy I've ever dated (he was 42 at the time) and had one grandchild (he now has two). I started to call him Grandpa to tease him about his age and, as many nicknames in this group do, it stuck. Most of the club members know him as Grandpa and still call him that.

I also showed him this blog tonight...wonder if he'll take the time to read it...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020