I Must Be Made Of Money...

...because I'm sure spending it like I am!

Apparently the fact that I've lived in my place for 6 months and still haven't finished decorating (or unpacking for that matter) has finally sunk in and I feel compelled to do something about it.

I've bought a big picture for the bathroom (beach scene, natch) and I've bribed Grandpa with a home cooked meal to come hang that and all of my other pictures. I've got a bunch of collage photo frames that I need to put up somewhere.

BTW, Grandpa left the menu choice up to me. I actually browsed through some cookbooks at Border's tonight then decided I don't need no stinking cookbook (though I would like a good spaghetti sauce recipe for the crock pot if anyone has one) so I'm making a chicken enchilada casserole...without a recipe! Man, I live life on the edge.

OK, digression over and back to the story. I also bought a water hose for the patio. I really only need about 20 feet but the shortest I could get was 50. And, I got a new answering machine. I realize that's not really decorating but my old one was getting lots of static upon message replay so it needed to go. Grandpa called me with a description of a half circle table he saw at his Fry's but it wasn't at mine. I'm going to ask him to pick it up for me (he already offered to assemble it; I am lucky to have someone who likes to do that stuff).

The big purchase from tonight was a 5 x 8 area rug for the living room. Mervyn's had them on sale for 40% off so it was a bargain. I have cheap beige carpet and the guy before me had an area rug so there was a very clear outline of it left in the carpet. The rug is called Picasso and it's a swirly print in red, beige and green. I love it!

There's still more to buy; a chair for the living room and maybe a chaise for my bedroom. Also, wall art for my bedroom. But, I think I've drained the coffers enough for the moment.

Some day, it will really look like a grownup lives in my hose, I promise.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020