Jimmie's An All Star

I know this post seems late since the All Star event was last Saturday but I didn't actually get to see all of it until last night. Let me just get this out of the way: Jimmie's a stud!

Anywhoo, I've learned to always add at least an hour to any recording I make of a racing event because I've gotten burned when there are a lot of cautions and the race runs long. A couple of years ago, my recording ended with 2 laps to go. That hurt.

So, I set up the DVR for Saturday with an extra hour thinking I was good. Turned out to be not the case and I had to track down a rebroadcast to record to see the end.

See, there's this phenomenon called 'weather' that we just don't seem to have here in Phoenix. You could put down a forecast of "Clear and Sunny" for every day of the year and be right 360 times out of 365. However, in North Carolina they have this thing called 'rain'. It ended up holding up the action for quite a while. My recording ended before the third race of the All Star event was half over.

I knew Jimmie won when I saw the paper the next day. What I didn't see was the dominant way he did it. The 48 team just comes back time after time. Jimmie was the last car on the lead lap, worked his way to the front with the help of a caution then drove away from the field. Harvick tried to catch him but it just wasn't going to happen. It didn't hurt that half of the field ended up crashing but, hey stuff happens.

I can't wait for Sunday to see if Jimmie can continue his winning streak at Lowe's in the Coca-Cola 600.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020