Movie Review - Fever Pitch

I actually found (made) some time to just sit and watch a movie. I thought something relatively mindless would be just the ticket so I watched Fever Pitch. It was, indeed, just the ticket. It didn't require a lot of thought and it was surprisingly pleasant.

The gist of it is that Jimmy Fallon's (of SNL fame) character is a diehard Boston Red Sox fan who hooks up with the uber-businesswoman played by Drew Barrymore during the year the Sox won the World Series. His Sox devotion causes issues, her work causes issues...pretty much it was a storyline straight out of chick lit.

However, Fallon was surprisingly appealing and generated a lot of sympathy. Barrymore was, well Barrymore, but with a minimum on the slapstick.

I enjoyed it as a pleasant diversion from the stuff hanging over my head (no, I still haven't finished unpacking and it's been five months since I moved).

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020