Baby, It's Cold Outside

The Rocket Scientist and I went out to Rula Bula (local Irish pub) last night. Apparently, Wednesday is Pub Quiz night which is so popular that all the inside tables were reserved. The hostess told us we could sit outside and that there were heaters so we decided to go for it. The lure of Guinness was that strong.

It wasn't too bad at first but I swear they moved the heater further away at some point. The wind was gusting through strong enough to send coasters flying off the bar. OK, they were only the thick paper ones, but still.

Hunkering down in my leather jacket wasn't keeping me warm enough so I finally had to break out the gloves. We left after two beers and some cold fish and chips (cold because of the weather, I think they were actually warm when we got served) and headed to a toasty warm bookstore.

It was probably in the low 40s which sounded really cold to me until I got the weather report from Dawnie for Des Moines:

Friday Night: mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Breezy, colder. Areas of blowing snow in the evening. Scattered flurries in the evening. Low 5 to 10 below. Northwest wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Wind chill readings 25 below to 35 below zero.

Saturday And Saturday Night: partly cloudy. Colder. High zero to 5 above. Low 5 to 10 below.

25 below to 35 below? Aye carumba! You gotta be nuts to live in that. I would never leave my house.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020