Book Review - Punching In

Punching In: The Unauthorized Adventures of a Front-Line Employee by Alex Frankel intrigued me when I read the synopsis so I checked it out from the library.

The author is a journalist and he decided to go "undercover" at various companies to see how they attempt to bring their employees into their corporate cultures. He worked for UPS, The Gap, Apple Store, Starbucks, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and applied for several other jobs.

I liked the way he described the testing, training and on the job life at each company. It brought back memories of my part-time book selling job.

The company that he felt truly made their employees part and parcel of the culture was UPS. BTW, no pun intended on that parcel reference.

Good story, good book.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020