Going To The Dark Side

It's mac versus PC at my work, big time Sugar Daddy and our VP are mac boys, I'm a PC girl and EVERYONE knows it and is well aware we are steadfastly determined to back our machines since we argue about it quite a bit. Most of the time, we can get several other people to chime in on the subject. Geeks argue hardware and operating systems just as passionately as others do religion and politics.

I gave my PC brethren a scare, though. I actually have had a brand new macbook on my desk this week and I've been working on it.

Oh, not to do any real work. Cuz you can't unless you're in the Creative department. I'm editing our year-end employee of the year presentation in iMovie.

So far, there's only been one small episode of Tourette's during the process. I have to admit, the new machine is up to the task. The last film I edited was two years ago on a G4 and I almost threw the thing down several flights of stairs. (Fortunately for the machine, I only had one flight of stairs available to me and I really, really wanted several for maximum damage.) It was just wasn't robust enough to process that much data.

Hopefully, I'll be done within the next week and I can go back to my real machine full time before I get corrupted.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020