Book Review - The Glass Castle

The Glass Castle: A Memoir The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls



My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars

A guy at work loaned me this book a while back but I didn't get to it. I finally had to read it when it was chosen for our book club this month.

Wow!

I wish I hadn't waited. This book is truly jaw-dropping amazing. It's a true story which makes it all the more incredible.

The story is of Jeannette Walls' life growing up with an alcoholic Father and what must be a mentally ill Mother. There's just no other explanation for the woman's behavior. Walls and her siblings lived, and survived, a childhood of unbelievable poverty and instability. What's especially incredible is that 3 out of the 4 kids who lived to adulthood actually are responsible, successful adults.

View all my reviews.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020