Travelling With Celebrities

I had three legs on my trip to Key West. Phoenix to Atlanta, Atlanta to Ft. Myers then Ft. Myers to Key West. The first two were on Delta and on big planes. The last one was on Cape Air and the plane was a 9 passenger prop.

They ask your weight and manually weigh your carry-on stuff before you board. Kind of different. It's because they have to adjust the ballast based on passenger and baggage weight. When I checked in at Ft. Myers, the woman wrote my name down and put the various weights by it. I looked down and saw K. McGuire written down on her list. I asked, "Is that Kelly McGuire?" She pointed over to a guy sitting on the other side of the counter who was, indeed, Kelly McGuire.

Kelly's a singer-songwriter out of Galveston and he's in my music links at the right. I plopped down next to him and we chatted about the upcoming week and his recent gig in Rocky Point with Mark Mulligan and crew. At one point, Dawnie called me and I was all casual, "Yeah, just hanging with Kelly McGuire..."

On my final leg back to Phoenix from Atlanta, I overheard two guys debating about music in a movie. They were going back and forth quite a bit so I looked them over and saw they were carrying instruments so I pegged them as professional musicians. As we were picking up our luggage, I saw that my assumption was correct. It was the Marshall Tucker Band. They're doing a private event in Phoenix tonight. McCain party, maybe?

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020