Sickness Abides

One memento from my trip that I wish I didn't have: the cold from hell.

I'm miserable. So much so that I called in sick today. I could barely move when I got up at 7 because my body was sore, my head was completely foggy and my ears totally plugged. I read the paper then went back to bed until 11:30. Took a shower, caught up on email then went back to bed until 4:30. I finally have some energy but I doubt it will carry me past 8 tonight.

I'm not the only one with a bug, though.

Our friend Jim from Minnesota had the flu in Key West. He had a raging fever one day and was clammy for several more. He was dragging the rest of the week. Being a trooper, he tried to ride it out and medicated with some alcohol. He blames another passenger on his flight down.

The Pirate Captain came down with a bad cold towards the end of our trip. Same symptoms as mine but he refused to take drugs. I've been taking them all day because I can't stand my ears being plugged up. So, he suffered through several days of living in a cold induced fog and made it into work today but did leave early. He, too, blames another passenger on his flight down.

I blame the Pirate Captain.

We went to Peppers on Sunday for our annual hot sauce tasting. I caught Rick double dipping on one of the sauces. He put a chip in, got some sauce, licked the sauce off then put the chip right back in. He says it's the only time he did it but I am going with it's just the only time I caught him at it.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020