Cruel and Unusual Punishment

George's front claws have gotten razor sharp again. I know because she delights in swatting at my legs, hands and arms and they actually catch in my skin. After getting stuck one time too many tonight, I decided it was time to trim them.

Oy vey. One would think I was torturing her. I know she tortures me while I'm doing it. She bites and scratches and blocks one paw with the other. It's a struggle. I've tried wrapping her in a towel to do it. Yeah, that doesn't work at all.

The whole time, I speak soothingly and tell her that she should be very happy that her Mommy isn't paying the vet to yank her nails out to her knuckle. I don't think she appreciates it.

What's my reward for getting it done? She's a maniac. She runs to the scratching post, uses the couch as her scratching post, jumps up on the couch into my face, gets on her back legs and bats at me and generally is insane. The manic periods are broken up by glaring lectures (from afar) as she gives me a piece of her mind while arching her back and hopping on all four legs.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020