I Still Hate Football

Our fantasy team just can't get worse. Our two first picks are injured (Brady and Bush), our opponents seem to have especially productive games against us and we are overthinking our starting lineup.

Last week, we lost by two points to Mary who had three open positions in her lineup. That was humiliating. But, we could have won if we'd started Hines Ward. We didn't because he was hurt and so was Big Ben so we thought he wouldn't get a lot of points. He did, we lost and we're bitter.

This week, we're playing against The Rocket Scientist. I was torn because we're out of the running but he's not. So, while I always want to win, I don't necessarily want to hurt his chances. We started our best lineup and left it up the cruel, cruel football gods.

TRS and I went to the Vine last night to watch the game. I was explaining my ambivalent feelings to him when he said, "Yeah, I almost benched three players to make sure I beat you this week."

Ouch and what an ass. (This is one of those moments where I wish all the people who think he's sooooo nice were around to see that he is capable of kicking someone when they're down. At one point, he sent a text to Steven saying "go cassel". Steven replied, "thats not cool". He's right, funny maybe, but not cool.)

I'm no longer torn - I want to stomp him in to the ground.

Won't happen though because of the aforementioned cruel football gods. We started Favre and Washington for the Jets. While they had good games (22.42 and 9.5 points), we left Matt Cassel on the bench. Of course, he had a career night and would have scored us 42.2.

The only thing I have going for me is that I picked the Jets to win in my Pick 'Em leagues. But, I only put I only put 1 confidence point on the game so it's not that big of a deal.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020