Movie Reviews - The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man

Cheryl wanted to watch The Incredible Hulk last night while she was doing my hair. Cindy and I didn't object so they ordered it from On Demand for $4.99. I think they got ripped off. This was the Edward Norton version and, while it was better than the Eric Bana flick a while back, it wasn't all that entertaining.

First, they went through the whole back story of Banner becoming The Hulk in very quick flashbacks. If you didn't know the story, you would have been lost.

Second, there was no explanation of how Banner got around with no money or ID after he becomes The Hulk. He wakes up in another country (actually continent) then somehow makes it from Guatemala to the United States. How?

Third, they somehow made everyone into cardboard characters. Despite having read a lot of the comic books, I didn't care about anyone in the story. There was no chemistry between Norton and Liv Tyler.

I just pretty much found it boring and disappointing.

When I got home from Cindy and Cheryl's, I put in Iron Man and watched that. Steven loaned it to me ages ago so it was conveniently available.

What a difference - this was an action movie from a comic book that I liked because it worked.

First, Robert Downey, Jr. was great as Tony Stark. Gwyneth Paltrow made Pepper seem like a real person and not the stereotypical girl sidekick. You could feel the affection combined with caution in her feelings towards Stark.

Second, there was humor in the film. The sequence as Stark is creating and testing the suit was funny. Stark was funny. The humor made a nice combination with the action.

Third, the suit was really cool! The CGI Hulk and Abomination looked phony. Iron Man didn't at all.

Both characters are going to be in the future Avengers movie. I'm hoping the team that works on that film is the Iron Man gang.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020