Africa Hot

I’m not sure when I started using the expression “Africa hot” to describe unusually warm weather but it’s been a while. Living in the desert, it takes a lot to get me to use the term. 100 degrees? That’s nothing. 105? Getting warmer. 110? OK, it’s hot. But, I think it’s got to be 115 before I declare it Africa hot.

Unless it’s humid. Which it is now. We’re officially in our monsoon season. I know I’ll be mocked for this but it’s 104 degrees, the humidity is 22% and it’s miserable out there. Not as miserable as the past few days where the humidity has been higher than that.

I call this Africa hot. The humidity is a complete energy zapper. It makes you want to just sit in your air conditioned house with all of the blinds closed as the ceiling fan whirls around on high over you.

Before you think I’m a total wimp, let me show you what happened before we even hit 105. At the time, I considered it warm out. Not even hot yet. This CD case was in the back window of my car. Fortunately, the CD itself was in my player.



Of course, the trade-off of living in the Valley of the Sun is that I might have a few weeks of Africa hot to live through but I don’t have months of Arctic cold.

I’m good with that. But, right now I want to go home and sit in the dark with a frosty drink.

Comments

K T Cat said…
Can boat drinks be frosty?

:-)

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020