Book Review - Kitchen Confidential

Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly (updated edition)Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was our book club selection this month. I put the wrong date on my calendar so I missed the meeting. Doh! So, I don't know how the others liked this but I thought it was an interesting read.

I'm far from a foodie so most of the dishes Bourdain talked about were unfamiliar to me. But, the stories of the people he's worked with over the years made it an interesting tale. As did Bourdain's personal history.

It's a sordid tale of drugs, alcohol, sexual misconduct, theft, envy and avarice. I couldn't tell if Bourdain truly regretted his own behavior or if he was actually proud of it.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020