Family (Sorta) Birthday Dinner

It's become a tradition for Steven, The Rocket Scientist and I to celebrate their birthdays together. Notice that I say "their" because mine goes under the radar if I can help it. Although, gifts would be nice. (TRS, take note.)

How we celebrate is that I take them out for sushi. Yes, that means I pay the bill and I try to find something on the menu that I like because sushi is the ick. Thank the alcohol gods for Saki Bombers.

Tomorrow is Steven's actual birthday but TRS is going out of town so we celebrated tonight. It was a typical not-family evening. Oh, why do I say not-family? Well, some time after we all started calling TRS my not-boyfriend, we started calling him Steven's not-Daddy. It makes all of us (except TRS) laugh.



George "signed" Steven's gift bag

Steven came over and I gave him his gifts. Since he's not a grown-up, he got a Serenity Browncoats t-shirt and a set of shot glasses with Marvel characters on them. He was quite happy. Then, we were off to pick up TRS and go to dinner.


Ick


More ick

They ordered up a round of sushi and I got Tempura Shrimp. It's the third (maybe fourth) dish I've tried at Sushi 101 and every one has been kind of meh because, frankly, they're about the raw fish and not my kind of food. Which is raw beef.


TRS says yum

The boys, however, love it.


LOL, I got a pic of Steven looking goofy and NOT flipping me off. Score!

As we ate (and I watched the ESPYs, go Jimmie Johnson!), TRS got happy from the Saki Bombers and Steven got full from the sushi.


Steven's really bad fortunes that he's kept.

One of the reasons we keep going back to Sushi 101 is that they have half off happy hour until 7. It's hard to argue with $5 Saki Bombs. Oh, and the sushi is half off, too. Not that I care because, in case you didn't get this already, I think it's the ick.


Our bill, which is the lowest so far of all these events and has the best closing statement ever.

Bomber Jenga

Steven got bored waiting for us to finish our booze. That's what he gets for drinking soda but he makes an excellent DD. He tried to make towers out of our saki cups and the soy sauce bottles but, as TRS told him, his structures weren't very sound.

In reality, it was a nice evening. We actually get along quite well despite our dysfunctional family relations. Hmm, maybe the reason we get along so well is that we're not all family but we're the "family" that chooses to be together. (That statement will make TRS cringe but I don't care because that's how I roll.)

Happy birthday, Steven Charles. Mommy loves you and your sister hates you so all is right in your world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020