Another Night At The Ballpark

I didn't see this many Brewers games in the entire time I lived in Milwaukee as I have this week! OK, granted I only lived there from birth to age 5 but still. Two baseball games in one week is a lot for me.

Our seats this time were courtesy of old family friends from Port Washington. They have great seats in the front row in right field. They're really close to the visitor's bullpen and you get a great view of the right fielder's butt. Of course, sometimes that's not a good thing depending on whose out there.

In addition to our two old friends, my parents and Steven went to the game, too. I came straight from work and timed it perfectly for a 6:40 start. Shorty made Steven leave for the game at 5 and, let's just say, after that much time shepherding my parents to the game and their seats, Steven was damn glad to have me there for company and support.


Our view.

Corey Hart

Of course, every time I heard Hart's name or saw his jersey (and not bad butt), the song I Wear My Sunglasses At Night became an earworm. I barely got rid of it when the Diamondbacks were on defense then, boom, there it was back again when Hart came running out.

He wasn't gone for any long period of time as it was a very quick and efficient Diamondbacks win and the innings flew by. We didn't even have a home run scare as those all went to left field tonight. In fact, it was so boring that we resorted to watching the birds fly through the park.



Ho hum

This little fellow flew out somewhere around inning six and just parked on the field. I suspected he was asleep because he didn't move even when the outfielder changed and he was pretty close to them.

Pining for the fjords or simply stunned?

He was so close to them and so unmoving that I suspect he expired. That thought then generated another earworm.

It's not every night that you alternate a 1980s pop hit and a classic Monty Python sketch in your head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020