Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than Your Smart Phone

I've had my share of cell phone butt dialing experiences. Mostly on the receiving end but I'm guilty of making a few outbound calls myself. When I first got my Droid, I called The Rocket Scientist a few times but I've been pretty good since.

Until last Saturday, that is.

A group of us who were enjoying a beautiful afternoon in Lakeside, AZ decided to play a No Limit Texas Hold 'Em tournament. Ten of us put in $5 (and we somehow ended up with $5 extra) with a payout to first and second place.

I used the alarm on my phone to keep track of the rounds. The blinds went up every ten minutes. It was a challenge trying to play at the same time I was resetting the alarm which was compounded by not wearing my old person glasses and the glare of being outside.

While I did OK with the alarm, I somehow managed to call Steven three times. He sent me a text, “stop butt callin me while playin poker”. I missed his text but did manage to hear my phone ring when he called after realizing the text wasn't stopping the problem.

I was like, oops, sorry about that and thought it was the end of the episode. But, no. I also managed to call St. Jello Show Queen, too. I found that out when I actually saw her text letting me know.

Sigh.

At least I won the tournament.

Comments

Rubicon said…
Oh, it's happened again recently, but I just forgot to mention it or didn't care. ~TRS
Cheesehead said…
Damn.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020