Legacy

Banner

Legacy by Tim Belber

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

One definition of legacy is what someone feels, thinks and says when they hear your name. What are you doing today to build the legacy you want?

(Author: Tim Belber)



I think there should be an initial question that asks what you want your legacy to be. Do you want to be known as a great parent/grandparent/child/spouse/partner, a successful business person, an outstanding artist, a friend everyone would want to have, a philanthropist, an adventurer, etc?

Those all sound good to me but not very realistic considering who (whom?) I am.

Here’s what I hope people say after I’m gone (after they wail “How can we go on without her”, of course): she lived a full life.

Nope, it’s not an “amazing” life. I’m not off climbing mountains nor helping orphans in third world countries nor curing cancer. But, I like to think it is full. Full of friends, travel, hobbies, family, diverse interests and a lot of curiosity.

Back to the day’s question about how I’m building that legacy? Well, I’m a huge blabbermouth, of course. I talk, blog, Facebook, Twitter and now Google+. With technology’s growth, who knows what other media I’ll be using to tell my tales in the future?

A storyteller. That’s me. Actually, maybe that’s really want I want my legacy to be.

Kathy Pfister - a teller of tales.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020