My Birthdate

I tried. I really did. Every day I would read my new prompt from the #Trust30 gang that I was supposed to write about and, after just the first few, thought it was just like the last prompt, and the one before that.

They were all about what's holding you back and how are you going to overcome that obstacle and what's your dream and how are you going to achieve it. Really, just a lot of differently worded ways of saying the same thing.

Since I don't have 30 different obstacles and dreams, I stopped paying strict attention, especially when I was out of town. So, to be fair, there may have been some other themes that I missed.

This was the post-30 day email and, when I read it, I thought "this is the stuff that should have been going on all along." Because it's interesting, possibly offers a teaching/learning moment and still lets you express your individuality based on what you choose to write about.


#Trust30 Carries On!

Congrats on completing 30 days of writing reflections! The feedback on #trust30 has been so great that Amber has volunteered to continue the prompts as a personal project. The hope is that these daily emails will guide you on your writing journey, and help you to look within and get to know yourself.

To kick off this new leg, here’s a prompt from Seth Godin:

Find something that happened on the day and date you were born. Write about it.


A quick online search shows that nothing notable, except for my birth of course, occurred on my birthdate. (On a side note, how many people will lie about their birth year on this prompt? Or, is it just me who's in denial?) However, I found something of interest to me to write about.

I found a recap of a baseball game between my Cubbies and the Houston Colt .45s.

Here are my thoughts:

  • How wonderful to see the Cubs' lineup including some of the all time faves in the heart of the order: Lou Brock, Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Ernie Banks.
  • Who else but Texans would name a team after a gun? Oh, Arizonans might but apparently haven't thought about it yet. I actually didn't know that the Astros used to be the Colt .45s so there's my learning moment.
  • A nine inning game done in 2:07!?!?! Those were clearly the days when the batter didn't have to step out of the box after every pitch to spit, adjust his cup, tap the ground three times and cross himself. I'm guessing the pitchers also didn't wave off the catcher's signs several times, either.
  • I've never seen a win probability chart like the one in this recap. Nifty.
  • Cubs lose. Story of my baseball life. Some day, dammit, some day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020