Bowling For...Well, Nothing Really

I bowled in a charity fundraiser Friday night. They were raising money for Rosie's House which is a very cool organization. They supply musical instruments and lessons to underprivileged kids. The kids have to agree to practice a certain amount each day and keep their grades at a certain level to participate.

I'm not a great bowler by any means. My highest game was a 224 and that was clearly a fluke since I never carried much higher than a 135 average when I was league bowling. Now, my only goal is to break 100 on the infrequent occasions I'm hitting the lanes.

However, I really like to be competitive. Just trying to break 100 isn't all that fun. Trash talking and competing with someone else is fun. When the club bowls, I usually have The Jello Shot Prince to play against and we both have a good time with it.

The women I was bowling with on Friday, however, couldn't have cared less about the scores. They were just there to chat and have a couple of cocktails. I'm into chatting and drinking as much (if not more) than the next person but, I was there to bowl, too.

I ended up competing with myself...which is not all that fun. I threw a 124 on the first game and a 158 on the second. I was pretty dang happy with that but it was an inner joy since my cohorts couldn't have cared less. They especially didn't care that I smoked them (only one game over 100 between the three of them).

Where's the Jello Shot Prince when I need him?

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020