It Was Quiet, Too Quiet

Did anyone work yesterday?

We only had five people in my office and it was an incredibly slooooooow day. I think I only got five emails...counting spam.

I came in late because our Night Operator and I were doing some testing on a new server and he was coming back from Rocky Point so I didn't want to make him come in too early. He picked the weekend in Mexico where there were no alcohol sales due to the election. He did, however, bring down enough booze to get him through. He could be a Parrot Head.

Anyway, I digress, as usual. I left a little after 6 (coming in late means you have to stay late and that seems so unfair) and my car was the only one left in the parking lot. I fully expected a tumbleweed to come rolling through the gate when I opened it. That's how dead it was.

If only I didn't use every vacation day for some Parrot Head frivolity, I could have had the day off, too. As it is, I'll be back at work tomorrow and we'll still be down some folks who took the whole week off. Lucky b*stards.

I need more vacation days...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020