It's Still A Small Town

My pal, Jen, emailed Eileen and me to see if we wanted to go to a cooking demonstration given by Mad Coyote Joe. It was scheduled to be held at Kitchen Classics yesterday morning.

She'd seen an ad for it and thought it looked like a fun thing for us to do. I told her I was in.

What I didn't tell her was that the owner of Kitchen Classics, Shauna, used to live across the street from my parents and her son, Garrison, is Steven's best friend. I've known these folks for almost 20 years.

I walked in the door of the place and immediately saw someone I knew. It wasn't Shauna, or Gare or his sister Candy...it was actually someone I work with. She'd coincidentally come for the same class. Jen came in after that and I introduced her. Then Eileen got there and more introductions were made.

Jen and Eileen were amazed, "Do you know someone everywhere you go?" I told them it was a Pfister thing and Gare backed me up. He doesn't get how we do it but he's seen it happen over and over with both Steven and Shorty. I told them we're just extremely social creatures.

The demo was really good. Joe's an exceptionally funny and informative presenter and I got some good recipes out of it. I also dropped 2 bills on some new knives and a sharpener, a bamboo cutting board, grater and scoop. One knife was $95 but I'm looking at it as a once in a lifetime investment. If I keep it sharpened, I'll never need to buy another.

By God, I'll be a domestic Goddess eventually...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020