Where Did the Hard Rock Go?

Norene and I had several hours to spend before the show last night. She had two things she wanted to do.

The first was to drive around the Arizona State Capital area since she'd never seen it.

The second was to go to Hard Rock Cafe. She's been a Hard Rock pin and shot glass collector for years and she'd never been to the Phoenix store.

The Capital part was easy. I knew, sorta, where it was and we drove around and through where we could. The actual Statehouse is dwarfed by all of the buildings around it but it's still kind of neat.

The Hard Rock was not so easy. I had looked it up online before we left and thought it was at 200 W Washington (when I rechecked it today at dexonline, it actually says 200 E Washington so we were off a bit). The Dodge Theater where we were going for the concert is at 400 W Washington so I thought it was going to be very convenient.

We drove around the block twice at 2nd Ave and Washington...really slowly. Thank goodness downtown Phoenix is dead on the weekends or we would have pissed off a lot of drivers. It didn't help that Washington is a one-way street so we had to do lots of around the block moves just to get there.

Oh, and the light rail construction. Oy vey. I'm so glad I don't work downtown.

No Hard Rock on that stretch of Washington. There is a big office building but nary a restaurant or bar in sight.

We kind of gave up on the idea and I was off to find us another dinner spot. Thanks to the one-way streets, I ended up on Jefferson and heading East towards the BOB...er, I mean Chase Field. As we were driving, I looked ahead and saw a big guitar coming out of a building. As we got a little closer, I saw Hard Rock Cafe written on the guitar. I told Norene, "Well, we found it."

Turns out it's on 200 E Jefferson. Even if we'd had the address 100% correct, we still wouldn't have been in the right spot.

I'd like to think it was my great geographic instincts that found it but, since I think I actually possess negative geographic skills (if that's possible) it was just dumb luck.

We had a good dinner there, though, and Norene got to add to her collections so it was all good.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020