Shorty's Birthday

Yesterday was Shorty's birthday. He turned 72...not quite as old as dirt but getting there.

A digression - for those not keeping track, let me tell you about July for me. First, it's my Mom's birthday then Steven's then my parents' anniversary and finally Shorty's birthday. I am very poor in July what with the gift buying.

Of course, Shorty wanted Steven and me to make him dinner at my house.

We actually made him a feast.

Steven prepared two big steaks. One with a Jack Daniel's marinade and another with a spice rub. We sauteed mushrooms and onions, had white corn on the cob, rosemary potatoes, garlic bread and salad. About half of the veggies were organic so I got to clear out a lot of my weekly delivery.

Shorty said it was the best birthday he ever had. Steven and I said, "We can't believe that's the best birthday out of 95." We are such smarty pants. It was a nice evening, though, and I'm off the hook for family gatherings at my house for a while, thankfully.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020