Movie Madness

I decided to be a slug for most of the weekend and just watch movies recorded on my DVR. It was nice to not be on the go for every minute of the day and night.

Without further ado, here are my reviews.

The Avengers

Incredible movie. Incredible as in, every time I asked if it could get any dumber, it did! Watching weeds grow in your backyard would be a more productive use of time than watching this flick. Bummer, because I really loved the series.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. There was some fun stuff (Vince Vaughan's scenes, especially) but it was way too long.

Ice Station Zebra

This film made Mr and Mrs Smith seem like a short. Wow, did they drag it out. I love Alistair MacLean's books but they could have tightened up the story quite a bit and made a better movie. Rock Hudson was studly as the sub commander. Ernest Borgnine was distractingly quirky and Patrick McGoohan was pretty one dimensional as the super secret spy. (This was from 1968, btw.)

Must Love Dogs

I didn't expect a lot from this chick flick but I really enjoyed it. John Cusack played John Cusack but I find him adorable so that was okay. Diane Lane is just gorgeous and Stockard Channing was wonderful. While I found their descent into love a little quick, Cusack and Lane made it believable. It was nice to see a happy, close-knit family portrayed onscreen. I don't see that very often.

Battlefield Earth

Incredibly lame. Don't bother...as a matter of fact, run from the room if you even see it on your TV. I felt dumber just for watching it.

Wing Commander

Predictable space flick about saving the Earth from the bad guys. Fluffy but harmless. Freddie Prinze, Jr does have the most adorable puppy dog eyes.

I wasn't a complete slug - I did manage to clean the house in between films so I don't feel like I was completely unproductive.

Update on 7/10 - I forgot one movie.

The Day After Tomorrow

Not bad. Some predictable stuff (was anyone else reminded of Cliffhanger?) but I thought the kids were good and the politics realistic.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020