Concert Review - Lyle Lovett

Norene and I went to the highly anticipated (by us, anyway) Lyle Lovett show last night.

Wow!

He had the Large Band with him and that's not an overstatement. There were 13 band members and 4 back up singers including Phoenix' own Francine Reed. Margo Reed came out to do a couple of songs, too. Every musician had his turn in the spotlight and they were all fantastic. Awesome!

It was a nearly non-stop 2 hours and 20 minutes of great music and fun stories. Lovett is very funny in a quiet, dry way and he tells great little stories, mostly related to Texas. Norene had never seen him before and she was enthralled.

As we were driving home, I said "I can't believe Julia Roberts broke up with him." Norene replied, "I knew you were going to go there." I remember back when they got married and my first thought was, "She's not good enough for him." I haven't changed my mind since.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020