Book Review - Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely

My review

rating: 4 of 5 stars
If I were to go back to school, I'd get a Doctorate in Psychology. I just love learning about the human mind, how it works and how people think. So, I read quite a bit on the subject and this is one of the best books I've read in a long time.

Through some very interesting experiments (any time you serve beer in the name of science, you're a winner in my book), Ariely and his compadres studied what makes people cheat and what makes them cheat less (have them recite the Ten Commandments first), why what you order for dinner can just be an attempt to show you're unique and not indicative of what you really want and why a placebo can be just as effective as an actual surgery on how you feel.

Really cool stuff and an eye-opener on how emotions influence what should be truly rational decisions.

Downright fascinating, in fact.



View all my reviews.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020