Book Review - Twilight

Twilight (Twilight Series, Book 1) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I've been reading and hearing about this series for a while now. The author lives in the Phoenix area and there've several articles in our paper about how her book signings are mobbed by teenage girls. That's some good press and, heck, it's about Vampires so I figured it was time to check it out.



The word that comes to mind is "melodramatic". Oh, the angst! Teenage life is full of hormones and drama and so is this book. Bella, our heroine, is a 16 year old who moves to the Pacific Northwest to live with her Dad. She's immediately intrigued/obsessed/overwrought by a boy in her class named Edward.



Turns out, he and his "family" are all Vampires. But, the good kind in that they don't hunt humans. Bella seems to have no issue at all with the situation which is a might surprising.



Maybe it's because I'm not a teenager and my drama is a little different but I found the whole "I don't want to live without you" stuff overdone. I did like the high school details about Bella's group of friends and their dating travails. And, once the actual action got started, I got into the book a lot more.



I'll keep reading these and I'll also check out Meyer's new adult reading book.


View all my reviews.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020