Tales From Utah - The Horse, Of Course!

Kathy and Gary at Their Home Away From Home

I got into SLC about 12:45 on Friday afternoon and Gary picked me up. We had a nice drive up to Ogden and he asked me, "What do you think? Want to drop in at The Horse for a beer before we go home?"

As everyone who knows me knows, my answer to any beer offer is always "Yes".

So, we headed to the bar (which is actually a private club – those crazy Utah drinking laws). We walked in and found a half dozen or folks in there.

I knew every one of them.

Man, I love The Horse!

I haven't been there since last September but they remembered me and I remembered them. It's a social butterfly's dream situation.

We each got a beer then Gary bought a round for the bar. Then, everyone started buying us a round and more people came in and bought us a round (there was a shot in there, too) and so on and so on.

Phil was working the bar and he finally said, "You guys aren't leaving." I totally agreed. We ended up staying and having dinner there then caught part of the band that was playing that night.

I think we headed home around 11:30 or so. We finally hit the sack around 1 which was way earlier than last year's 3 AM bedtime. Guess we're learning.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020