Tales From Utah - Brrrrr!

The Utah gang at PHINS To The West, which was the first weekend in May, told me that it was snowing when they left town for the drive to Laughlin. I told them there'd better not be any snow when I hit town in June and they promised there wouldn't be.

Technically, I think they said it wouldn't be snowing. So, they were right. However, there was snow on the ground and it was frakking cold. There was so much cold that I brought one home with me.

Friday wasn't an issue since I went from the airport to the car to The Horse to the car to home. Saturday, was a different story.

Gary and I stopped at "our" Albertson's to stock up for the party. We call it our Albertson's since it's right by "our" resort that we always stay at and we must have made a half dozen visits there in our travels to Park City over that past year. I was holding off on the jacket as long as possible and the wind whipping through that lot almost made me give in and put the extra layer on. I held out, though.

We got up to Lewie's and Charlotte's and I gave in. When the sun went behind a cloud, it was really, really cold. Especially, if the wind was blowing at the same time. When it was sunny and without wind, it really wasn't bad. I went coat off for a while, just trying to save it for when I really needed it.


Inconceivable!

I wasn't the only one feeling the chill. The natives were cold, too. Anna was bundled up in a long parka, Gina spent a lot of the show under a blanket and even Finnegan had a jacket on. In fact, he wore his more than I wore mine.


Keep warm, Anna!

Not all of the natives seemed to care about the cold. Oddly, the kids in the group were wondering around barefoot and in flip flops. Guess they're too young to realize they were courting frostbite.

As the sun went down, we all migrated to the still sunny parts of the lawn. I really don't know how Matt did it. Since he's a Trop-Rock state of mind performer, he likes to look the part. He played in shorts and Hawaiian shirt the whole time. Brrrr. He later admitted that his fingers got numb and he was happy to put on his jacket after the show.

I was trying to make do with my jacket with the sleeves pulled down over my hands when Sue offered me her blanket. She'd been using it so I felt a little bad for taking it but I did anyway. I was glad, too!



That feels soooo much better!

Pretty much as soon as the sun was down, we were all inside trying to thaw out.

It was more of the same on Sunday. If you were in the sun and it wasn't windy, it was nice. Cloud or wind and it was brrr cold.

When I left on Monday morning, it was 29 degrees in Park City. When I landed in Phoenix it was already close to 90 degrees.

It was good to be warm again.

Oh yeah, about that cold. I started getting sniffly on Sunday night and it's gotten worse each day. Running nose, stuffed head. I took some Dayquil this morning and it's helped. I don't think it was really the weather. I think it was being on two plane flights involving Utah. I don't know if you know this (wink, wink), but people in Utah seem to have lots of kids and kids are disease carriers. There was a gaggle of them on each of my flights. So, I'm blaming the human pigeons for my cold.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020