Tales From Rocky Point - Earning Our Keep

We like to earn our keep when we're in Mexico. Well, I like to let the boys earn our keep. Last time, they put up the shower curtain in the guest bathroom. This time, they thought they were going to build a deck on the roof. I thought that would keep them busy for at least a day so we could have some quality girl time. However, Catnip didn't have the necessary building material so they settled on installing the new high-def satellite dish.


First, they disconnected the old dish then assembled the new one. Apparently, you tune these things by sound. When you get to rapid beating, you're properly aimed at the satellite. They got it beating but it wasn't very rapid.

All of the boys got involved. It was somehow decided that we needed the "numbers" off of the dish at the neighbor's house up the hill. So, Catnip was tasked with getting them. He explained to the guys there what was going on and they said, "We just aimed ours in the same direction as yours then fine tuned it." Catnip replied, "Look, I have a Rocket Scientist and an Engineer down there. They need the numbers." The guys told him OK then gave him a ladder constructed from 2 by 4s to get on the roof. He yelled the numbers from across the way and the beating got faster.

The final tuning happened with Catnip downstairs reading something off the box (or tv or I don't know what). The magic number was anything greater than 90 and they got it. I have no idea what that means nor what he was looking at. I was happy getting sun and reading while they were working.

In case you think I didn't do anything to earn my keep, let me assure you that it wasn't so. I helped Annette with the dishes and more than once. And, I helped Catnip grill. By helping, I mean I hung outside with him while he slaved over the grill.

So, for those keeping score, Pirate Rick worked, The Rocket Scientist worked, the Princess worked...hmmm, whom does that leave?

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020